Comprehensive Mold Removal and Remediation Services
KC Mold Guys offers a variety of services to help you prevent or solve mold damage in your home or commercial space. Our professionals have the necessary expertise to carry out the work effectively and use the right equipment to be able to accomplish the task on schedule.
Mold Removal and Remediation
Professional mold removal is a careful, step-by-step process involving the use of specialized equipment and cleaning agents. There are many details involved in doing this process correctly. But the overall process can be broken down into some general steps, as follows:
- Containment: Contain the work area to prevent cross-contamination of mold spores to non-affected areas of the building.
- HEPA Air Scrubbing: Clean the air using commercial-grade and industrial-strength air scrubbing machines. These machines use what are known as HEPA filters, which are designed to capture 99.97% of all airborne and microscopic mold spores which pass through the filters. This process helps to improve air quality in the room(s) where the air scrubbers are placed and prevent mold spores from circulating to other rooms.
- Selective Demo: Carefully remove the negatively impacted building materials. Focus is on controlled demo and removal in order to prevent kicking and stirring up additional mold spores as much as possible.
- HEPA Vacuum: Vacuum the contaminated area using what are known as HEPA filters, which are designed to capture 99.97% of all airborne and microscopic mold spores which pass through the filters.
- Antimicrobial Cleaning: Clean the contaminated area with hospital-grade antimicrobial cleaning agents to kill mold growth.
- Final HEPA Vacuuming & Clean-Up of Work Area: The final step involves HEPA vacuuming and performing an antimicrobial wipe-down on surfaces where mold spores may have settled within the work area. Once the job has been double-checked for quality, containment is taken down and the customer has been informed of a successful remediation.
Mold Inspection and Testing
Our mold inspection and testing steps are as follows:
- A full assessment of the home. We are looking for not only mold but also water damage because mold requires water or moisture to grow. We use specialized equipment like moisture meters and hydrometers to check for water damage in hidden places like behind walls.
- A standard inspection includes 2 indoor samples and 1 outdoor control. Indoor samples may be air samples, surface samples, or a combination of both. Larger properties may require additional samples.
- Samples are FedExed overnight to a 3rd party lab. The lab can take between 1-2 business days to process the samples once they receive them.
- We email you a copy of the lab results and a written inspection report 2-3 business days after your Inspection appointment. In our written report, we document what we found during the inspection and we explain the lab results in plain English so you can understand what they mean.
- If our Inspection and lab results determine that there is a mold issue, we can also fix the mold problem. In these cases, your written report will also include a Quote to fix the problem.
Our standard mold inspection with mold testing (this includes the 3 samples) is $350. If additional samples are needed, they are $50 per sample.
Mold testing and the $350 associated with it is usually not necessary if you already see visible mold. In this case, we can just provide you with a Free Estimate to fix it. But mold testing is a great tool when you are uncertain if you have a mold problem. For example: you smell something but don’t see anything, you had recent water damage but do not see any visible mold or if one or more occupants have been ill for an extended period of time. It is also the only solution when you need 100% proof that a mold problem exists. Please contact us if you are uncertain whether you need a Mold Inspection with Mold Testing or a Free Estimate.
Why Choose Our Services
We have been in the industry long enough to be able to understand what our customers need. You won’t hear any scare tactics from us. Instead, we build strong relationships with our clients by listening to their concerns and making sure to address them efficiently. We also keep our rates affordable.
Call Us Now or Request a Free Quote
KC Mold Guys is here to help! We work with homeowners, realtors, and commercial business owners to solve their mold issues quickly and effectively. For more information about our services, feel free to contact us. We will get back with you as soon as possible.